Mississippi Seafood Marketing Program (MSMP) is thrilled to announce their participation in the 2012 Peter Anderson Festival held November 3rd and 4th throughout Downtown Ocean Springs, Mississippi. Mississippi Seafood will be holding various cooking demonstrations in the Mississippi Seafood Culinary Pavilion.
The event, hosted by the Ocean Spring Chamber-Main Street-Tourism Bureau and presented by Blue Moon, was created in honor of local master potter Peter Anderson to help bring business development and exposure to the arts and Ocean Springs. The two-day festival features live entertainment, arts & crafts booths, local specials offered by business and restaurant owners and local seafood fare.
Throughout the event, local chefs will be occupying the cooking area of Mississippi Seafood Marketing Program’s Mississippi Seafood Culinary Pavilion for hour long cooking demonstrations. They will prep, cook and serve samples of their unique Mississippi Gulf seafood dishes. The line up for the event includes:
- Saturday, November 3rd:
- 10 AM – Chef Rob Stinson, host of Fit to Eat, will be preparing his Long Beach Shrimp and Grits recipe.
- 12 PM – St. Martin High School 4-H Culinary Team, the high school team who took second place in the 2012 4-H edition of the Great American Seafood Cook-Off, will be preparing their Gulf Coast Bouillabaisse.
- 2 PM – Eat like an Olympian at Chef Chris Poplin’s demo! Chef Poplin will be cooking his BBQ Shrimp with Goat Cheese and Green Onion Grits recipe, which he served to US Olympians in London at BP’s Spirit of the Gulf Event at Olympic Village.
- 4 PM – Chef Glen Clarke, chef who won the 2012 Great Mississippi Seafood Cook-Off, will be preparing his Cilantro Pine Nuts Pesto Grilled Shrimp recipe.
- Sunday, November 4th:
- 10 AM – Chef Patrick Heim, owner and chef at Taste! Catering, will be preparing his Blackened Snapper with Goat Cheese and Fresh Herb Grits recipe.
- 12 PM – Chef Anita Nobles Arguelles from the Mary C. O’Keefe’s Culinary Arts Café will be preparing her Thai Shrimp Fried Rice recipe.
- 2 PM – Chefs Justin Binegar and John Graham from the Half Shell will be on hand to prepare the Half Shell’s Shrimp and Cheddar Cheese Grits topped with shallots and Southern Pecan BBQ Sauce recipe.
Mississippi Seafood Marketing Program will also be on hand to give out samples of succulent Mississippi Gulf shrimp and giveaways.
MSMP is delighted to sponsor this festival and showcase local chefs. “We could not be more excited to be participating in this year’s Peter Anderson Festival,” said Irvin Jackson, Director of the MSMP. “We are proud of our local chefs and fishermen who have such a love and appreciation for Mississippi Gulf seafood. What better place to showcase unique dishes using local seafood than at the Peter Anderson Festival which raises awareness for our community’s merchants and restaurants. The artists of southern Mississippi have helped shape our community and history just as much as the waterways and it’s nice to celebrate the heritage of these rich traditions.”
The Peter Anderson Festival will be held on November 3rd, 2012 from 9 AM – 5 PM and November 4th, 2012 from 9 AM – 4 PM. Visit Mississippi Seafood at the Mississippi Seafood Culinary Pavilion on the grounds of the Mary C and follow them on twitter @MSseafood and Facebook (www.facebook.com/MississippiSeafood) for live updates.
The rich waters of Mississippi nurture many indigenous species including shrimp, oysters, crab and finfish. Seafood harvested from the Gulf of Mexico has proven to be the safest seafood in the world for consumption, routinely passing FDA and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) tests with flying colors. Fresh, wild Mississippi Seafood from the teeming gulf waters has supported many generations of fishermen and is a sustainable, domestic resource helping to preserve the American economy.
For an interview with Irvin Jackson, Director of the Mississippi Seafood Marketing Program, please contact Dana Smith @ email@example.com.