Acadian Peppered Mississippi Gulf Shrimp
spring, summer, fall, winter
- 16 oz Mississippi Gulf Shrimp, medium or large, shell on
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 12 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 -1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 each bay leaf, crumbled
- 1-2 Tbsp black pepper
- salt, to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter, then add remaining ingredients, except shrimp.
- Cook until butter is well browned, about 8-12 minutes.
- Add shrimp, stirring and turning to coat well with the seasoned butter.
- Cook until shrimp are deep pink and just cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
- Serve the shrimp in their shells, peeling them at the table.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a sliced tomato salad with mozzarella cheese.