Biloxi Mississippi Gulf Blue Crabmeat Au Gratin
spring, fall, winter
- 16 oz Mississippi Gulf blue crabmeat (lump or claw), picked for shells
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 6 Tbsp butter, plus some for baking dish
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 3 Tbsp sherry
- 8 oz Swiss cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and butter a small baking dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté́ onions and parsley in butter.
- Add flour and stir to remove any lumps, then add sherry.
- Lower heat and gradually add half-and-half, stirring constantly until thick.
- Remove from heat and reserve.
- Spread crabmeat evenly in a baking dish.
- Pour sauce over crabmeat.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly .
Note: If sauce is too thick, thin with whole milk.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with any green vegetable or glazed carrots.