Creole Tomatoes Stuffed With Mississippi Gulf Shrimp Salad
spring, summer, fall
- 16 oz Mississippi Gulf shrimp, boiled and chopped
- 1/2 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp capers
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 each large tomatoes
- Combine shrimp, green onions, capers, mayonnaise, creole seasoning, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Chill for 1 hour to bring out flavor.
- Slice the top off each tomato and scoop out seeds and pulp.
- Divide mixture between tomatoes and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with roasted red potatoes or mashed potatoes.