Garlic Mississippi Gulf Shrimp With Asparagus
spring, summer, fall, winter
- 16 oz Mississippi Gulf shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil, shrimp, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Let cook for 2 minutes, turning shrimp once, then add asparagus and cook another minute.
- Add wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Great with a nice rice pilaf.