Garlic Rum Mississippi Gulf Shrimp
spring, summer, fall, winter
- 16 oz large Mississippi Gulf shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 3 shakes TABASCO®
- 1/4 cup Bacardi® rum
- 1 each lime, juiced
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine TABASCO® , Bacardi® rum, lime juice, Worcestershire and cumin.
- Toss shrimp in bowl to coat, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add butter, oil and garlic and let cook 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Transfer shrimp to a broiler pan and top with garlic sauce, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs.
- Broil 3–5 minutes per side, or until shrimp are just cooked through.
Serving Suggestion: Great with sweet potato fries or grilled vegetables.