Italian-Style Mississippi Gulf Oysters
spring, summer, fall, winter
- 16 oz Mississippi Gulf oysters, drained
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce or steak sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Butter a 9-inch pie plate.
- Put oil in a small bowl and add garlic.
- Place breadcrumbs in another small bowl.
- Dip oysters into oil, roll in breadcrumbs and place in buttered pie plate.
- Dribble melted butter, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce over top and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and oysters are cooked.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with marinated vegetables and a mixed greens salad.