Leah’s Mississippi Gulf Shrimp Meatless Pasta
spring, summer, fall, winter
- 16 oz Mississippi Gulf shrimp, peeled
- 16 oz angel hair pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 each leeks, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 8 oz button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Put water on for pasta.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Add shrimp and sauté́ 1 minute per side, then remove and reserve.
- Add remaining Tbsp of olive oil and sauté́ leeks and green onions for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cook 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper, add white wine and turn off heat.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Return shrimp to pan with vegetables.
- Drain pasta and toss with shrimp sauce.
Serving Suggestion: Great with lightly cooked broccoli or other green vegetable.