Marinated Mississippi Gulf Shrimp Skewers
spring, summer, fall, winter
- 16 oz Mississippi Gulf shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt, to taste
- 8 each skewers, soaked for 30 minutes
- In a large bowl, stir together everything but the shrimp and the skewers and mix well. Add shrimp; toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Prepare the grill.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Grill shrimp 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until just cooked through.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with rice and a green vegetable.