Mississippi Gulf Coast Lasagna
spring, fall, winter
- 8 oz medium Mississippi Gulf shrimp
- 8 oz Mississippi Gulf Blue crabmeat, picked for shells
- 16 oz lasagna noodles
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp sherry
- 16 oz sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook lasagna according to package instructions.
- In a deep skillet, bring broth and wine to a boil, reduce heat and poach shrimp for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from pan, reserving broth, and chop coarsely.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, add flour and seasonings, and cook, stirring for a few minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups of reserved stock, paprika and sherry, and cook until thickened, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and crab, and set aside.
- Oil a lasagna pan.
- Layer noodles, seafood mixture and sliced cheese, and repeat twice, finishing with a layer of cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes, remove form oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Serving Suggestion: Just add a nice salad and cheesy garlic bread.