Mississippi Gulf Crab Bisque
spring, fall, winter
- 8 oz Mississippi Gulf crabmeat, chopped
- 1 each small onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter (not margarine)
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper
- In heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter.
- Add onion and parsley, and cook slowly until onion is golden brown.
- Add flour and stir to remove any lumps.
- Add chicken broth.
- Simmer for 20 minutes and remove parsley.
- Add half-and-half and heat slowly. Do not boil.
- Add crabmeat and cook, stirring slowly for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and cayenne. Taste and adjust seasoning, then remove from heat and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Great with garlic bread and salad.