Mississippi Gulf Crabmeat Quiche
spring, summer, fall, winter
- 8 oz Mississippi Gulf crabmeat, picked for shells
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 each eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3 1/2 oz French fried onions
- 9 inch pastry shell (pre-baked for 10 minutes)
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and eggs, and season with salt.
- Stir in cheese, crab, rice and fried onion.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until set and knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Serve warm as a main course or appetizer.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a nice green salad or grilled asparagus.