Mississippi Gulf Fish and Crab Casserole
spring, fall, winter
- 4 each 5-6 oz Mississippi Gulf white trout fillets
- 16 oz Mississippi Gulf blue crabmeat, picked for shells
- 11 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 12 oz sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 each egg
- 1/4 bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup crushed crackers
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place fish in casserole dish and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine crab mixture ingredients and spread evenly over fish.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over fish and crab mixture.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with wilted spinach or sautéed kale.