Mississippi Gulf Flounder Almandine
spring, summer, fall, winter
- 4 each 5-6 oz Mississippi Gulf flounder fillets
- 1 each egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Salt and pepper the fillets.
- Add milk to egg, and beat.
- Dip fillets in the egg mixture, then dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Place fillets in buttered baking dish.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in pan with almonds until golden.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Pour mixture over fillets and bake another 10 minutes.
Serving Suggestion: Great with mashed potatoes and green beans.