Mississippi Gulf Oyster Alfredo
spring, summer, fall, winter
- 12 oz Mississippi Gulf oysters, liquid reserved
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/8 tsp fresh nutmeg
- 1 each lemon, juiced
- 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 16 oz short pasta (conchiglie, ziti, mostaccioli, etc.)
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil, garlic and ginger, and sauté́ for 1 minute.
- Add cream, butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Add oysters with their liquid, lemon juice and parsley.
- Reduce heat and cook until the oysters are just warmed through, about 8 minutes.
- Toss pasta with sauce and Parmigiano-Reggiano, and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a leafy green salad and good bread.