Mississippi Gulf Oyster Angels on Horseback
spring, summer, fall, winter
- 24 each Mississippi Gulf oysters, shucked
- 12 slices bacon
- 24 each toothpicks
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 24 slices mini brown bread
- Drain and dry 24 Mississippi Gulf oysters.
- Wrap each oyster in 1/2 slice of raw bacon and fasten with a toothpick.
- Dust with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the prepared oysters and brown quickly on all sides. Alternately, brown under the broiler for about 1 minute each side.
- Serve on small rounds of buttered brown bread.
Serving Suggestion: For an oyster club sandwich, serve three Angels on Horseback on slices of buttered toast.