Mississippi Gulf Oyster Cakes
spring, summer, fall, winter
- 12oz Mississippi Gulf oysters, drained and chopped
- 1 each egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp seafood seasoning
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup cracker crumbs or breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, parsley, dry mustard, mayonnaise and prepared mustard.
- Add oysters and cracker crumbs to the mixture.
- Shape into 8 patties and chill 1hour.
- Sauté́ the cakes in olive oil on both sides until golden brown.
Note: patties can also be put under the broiler until golden brown on each side.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with chopped salad loaded with vegetables.