Mississippi Gulf Oyster Cornbread Dressing
winter, spring, fall
- 8 oz Mississippi Gulf oysters, chopped
- 1 pan 8 x 8 cornbread
- 1 each sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 each medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 8 oz sausage, cooked
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crumble cornbread and set aside.
- Sauté celery, onion and green onions in butter until golden.
- Remove to a medium bowl and add sausage, chicken broth, cornbread crumbles, sweet potato and oysters, then mix together.
- Season with seasoned salt and garlic powder and mix again.
- Place in 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
- Bake 1 hour.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a holiday ham or turkey, or roast chicken.