Mississippi Gulf Oyster Spinach Stuffed Shells
spring, fall, winter
- 8 oz Mississippi Gulf oysters
- 12 each jumbo pasta shells
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 oz nonfat cottage cheese
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 each egg, lightly beaten
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 14-oz jar spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions; reserve.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add butter, onions, garlic and Italian seasoning, and sauté until onions are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in oysters, cottage cheese, spinach and egg.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture evenly into cooked shells.
- Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan and arrange shells over sauce.
- Top with remaining sauce and cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with glazed carrots for a beautiful meal.