Mississippi Gulf Redfish Court Bouillon
spring, summer, fall, winter
- 4 each 5-6 oz Mississippi Gulf redfish fillets
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1 each medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 each large tomatoes, peeled and quartered (or 16-oz can)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cups water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a deep skillet over low heat, mix the butter and flour together until smooth, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions, celery and garlic, and sauté until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, cayenne and water, and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer covered for 20-30 minutes.
- Add fillets and cook until tender and flaky, about 15 minutes.
Note: The amount of cayenne here is for a moderate heat. It can be increased up to a full teaspoon for the full nuclear version!
Serving Suggestion: Serve over rice with carrots or green beans.