Mississippi Gulf Seafood Enchiladas
spring, fall, winter
- 8 oz Mississippi Gulf oysters
- 4 oz Mississippi Gulf shrimp peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 4 oz Mississippi Gulf crabmeat
- 1 each onion, chopped
- 5 Tbsp butter, divided
- 8 oz Colby cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 8 each 8-inch flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, sauté onions in 1 Tbsp butter until transparent.
- Stir in oysters, crab and shrimp, and remove from heat.
- Mix in half the cheese.
- Place 1/8 of the mixture on a tortilla, roll it up and place in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- In saucepan, combine half-and-half, sour cream, 4 Tbsp butter, parsley and garlic salt. Stir until the mixture is warm and blended.
- Pour over the enchiladas, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Serving Suggestion: Great with classic Spanish rice and refried beans.