Mississippi Gulf Shrimp and Artichoke Heart Linguine
spring, summer, fall, winter
- 16 oz Mississippi Gulf shrimp, medium
- 16 oz linguine
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 12 oz marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 oz sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Prepare linguine according to package instructions.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil, onion and garlic, and let cook 2 minutes.
- Add white wine and lemon juice; simmer mixture until mixture thickens slightly.
- Add shrimp and cook about 3 minutes or until pink.
- Add cream, artichoke hearts, mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Season with lemon, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Let simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over linguine and finish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Serving Suggestion: Great with sautéed asparagus.