Mississippi Gulf Shrimp Diablo
spring, summer, fall, winter
- 16 oz Mississippi Gulf shrimp
- 8 Tbsp butter, divided
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried ginger
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 12 each cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup brandy, warmed
- salt, to taste
- coarse black pepper, to taste
- Melt 4 Tbsp butter in large skillet over medium-high heat, add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- Let the shrimp cook, turning once until it just turns pink, then remove to a plate.
- Add remaining butter to the pan, then mushrooms and celery, and sauté́ for 3 minutes.
- Add chives, ginger, seasoned salt, parsley, tarragon, mustard, garlic powder and lemon juice, and stir to combine.
- Return shrimp to pan, reduce heat, and cover and simmer 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook another minute, then flame with heated brandy and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Great with yellow rice and glazed carrots.