Mississippi Gulf Shrimp Fajitas
spring, summer, fall, winter
- 16 oz Mississippi Gulf shrimp, peeled
- 2 Tbsp butter or cooking oil, divided
- 1 each medium onion, sliced
- 1 each green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 each red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 bunch parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 8 each flour tortillas
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Heat butter or oil in skillet over medium-high heat and sauté́ shrimp for two or three minutes until they turn pink. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Add remaining butter or oil and onions to pan and let cook 2 minutes, then add green and red bell pepper, parsley or cilantro, paprika and cayenne and let cook 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp back to pan, season with salt and pepper, stir for 1 minute, then remove from heat and serve on tortillas with salsa.
Serving Suggestion: Enjoy with Spanish rice and seasoned black beans.