Mississippi Gulf Shrimp Stuffed Peppers
spring, fall, winter
- 16 oz small Mississippi Gulf shrimp, boiled and chopped
- 6 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 each large onion, chopped
- 4 each bell peppers, tops removed and cored
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 oz pimento olives, chopped
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- For softer peppers, parboil for 2 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, add butter and onion, and sauté until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, rice, onion, olives, and remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture between peppers and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Place in baking dish and bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with garlic bread and Caesar salad.