Quick and Easy Mississippi Gulf Oyster Casserole
spring, fall, winter
- 16 oz Mississippi Gulf oysters, drained, liquid reserved
- 9 Tbsp butter, melted, divided
- 8 oz saltine crackers, crushed
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 14.5-oz cans cream-style corn
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and prepare a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with 1 Tbsp butter.
- Combine remaining butter and crackers in a small mixing bowl.
- In another small mixing bowl, combine cream, oyster juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Chop the oysters.
- Spread one can of corn onto the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Layer half of the oysters over the corn, then half of the cracker mixture, then repeat.
- Pour the oyster liquid mixture over the top.
- Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an another 30 minutes.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a quick sauté of zucchini and yellow squash with garlic.